- @TheIrisAU: David Michod "#RobertPattinson came closer to what I envisioned for the characters than anyone who auditioned' #insidetherover
- @sydfilmfest: #InsidetheRover: Michôd says Robert Pattinson naturally got the character of Rey just like he wanted it in the audition. #SydFilmFest
- @sydfilmfest: #InsidetheRover: Pattinson's audition was four hours long, Margaret asks him if it was torture, but he found it “satisfying.” #SydFilmFest
- @TheIrisAU: "To see great actors bring it all to life us exhilerating" - David Michod #InsideTheRover #RobertPattinson #GuyPearce
- @sydfilmfest: #InsidetheRover: Pattinson draws laughs when he says he was the last to see ANIMAL KINGDOM; Michôd said he was late to TWILIGHT. #VividIdeas
- @sydfilmfest: #InsidetheRover: Pearce says he based his character on the idea that he's an animal; he studied the way dogs behave. #VividIdeas
- @TheIrisAU: "Everything Rob did was hilarious" - David Michod on #RobertPattinson #insidetherover #TheRoverSydney
- @sydfilmfest: #InsidetheRover: Pattinson says you could hear a pin drop during the screening at Cannes; whereas the #SydFilmFest audience was more lively.
- @sydfilmfest: #InsidetheRover: Michôd says they had fun on the set; he began to think he was making a highly commercial film. #sydfilmfest #vividideas
- @sydfilmfest: #InsidetheRover: Michôd says #TheRover was the last 35mm film to be processed in Australia. #sydfilmfest #vividideas
- @TheIrisAU: "Our weird remoteness made the experience really tough but wonderful' David Michod #insidetherover #RobertPattinson #GuyPearce
- @sydfilmfest: #InsidetheRover: Michôd and Pattinson agree the Flinders Range location with its heat, isolation and flies was a big challenge. #sydfilmfest
- @TheIrisAU: Q: how did you build on chemistry? A: you really just build on the work. We knew each other well before filming #GuyPearce #RobertPattinson
- @sydfilmfest: Pattinson: the heat was “insane.” The local residents all seemed dangerous, like wanted men, but they were “lovely.” #InsidetheRover
- @TheIrisAU: Q: is it weird to put on an accent in films, Rob. A: it's kind of funny, you should try it #RobertPattinson
- @TheIrisAU: The world and landscape of the film really informed how #GuyPearce approached his performance and how to play his character.#insidetherover
- @TheIrisAU: "Ultimately the most challenging thing, always, is to just be convincing " - #GuyPearce #insidetherover #RobertPattinson
- @TheIrisAU: 'Working with directors who understand what ur doing is such a relief...most inportant thing is honesty on set" #GuyPearce #RobertPattinson
- @Roaford: David said he first met Rob at Soho house and he had a can of coke and a coffee which he put 18 sugars into.
- @Roaford: Rob's friend told him after he saw the movie "it's the first time he's played himeself" lol #InsidetheRover #sydfilmfest
- @Mel452: Bless Rob for outing a Maree resident who is wanted by the MI6. Brought huge laughs. #InsidetheRover #sydfilmfest
- @Mel452: David said that R's audition at his house in LA was for 4hrs, after meetin him at Soho long b4 TR was ever going to happen. #InsidetheRover
- @Mel452: Rob met David last out of all the @bluetonguefilms team eg Nash, Joel and Spencer. He 'really' wants to part of BTF #InsidetheRover *hehe*
- @Drawde_C: Someone asked how he would fare in a world like in The Rover. R said badly.
- @Drawde_C: His favourite scene was the one before they go into the house towards the end. (Trying not to spoil)
- @ksupporting: He was talking how the audience in Cannes it was so quiet during the movie whereas people from last night were laughing at Rey's scenes
- @Drawde_C: R said everyone looked like murderers because it was so hot and dry where they filmed.
- @Drawde_C: When asked what's harder, wordy films or films with little dialogue & more body language, R and GP both said it depends on the film itself.
- @Drawde_C: About accents, R still finds doing English accents weird. It's as if he's still waiting for filming to start.
- @Drawde_C: They kept getting large prickles stuck in their shoes during one of the scenes. GP said they were more like thorns. After each take they'd compare how many prickles they each got in their shoes.
- @Drawde_C: When GP was talking about the power shift between dogs in a pack, he said, "anyone who has dogs will know this" R smiled and nodded.
- @Drawde_C: Asked about his creative group of friends, he said he still has that in London but it's a little looser now. That kind of bond was what drew him to Blue Tongue films.
- @Drawde_C: What he loved about the script was the enormous backstory with no context, so he had free reign over the part.
- @Drawde_C: It was cute when he was talking about the difference in audience reaction between SydFilmFest and Cannes. He got confused about what day it was and had to ask DM, "It was last night, right?"
- Drawde_C: After saying he wouldn't fair well in a world like in TR, DM said he thinks R would be ok because he basically survived on white bread & BBQ sauce while filming.
Pattinson who oozed his own brand of effortless cool, didn’t mention the T-word. Discussing The Rover, he said filming in the outback was”beautiful” but there was buzz of a different kind.'I also met this bar man who told me he was part of Anonymous and on the run from M16... and then there was the extra who claimed he assassinated (John F) Kennedy in 1967,' he said.
“The second you wake up, you have like 700 flies on your face and its so insanely hot,” he said, a laugh.
Michod is part of Australian film collective Blue-Tongue Film which includes Joel Edgerton and his brother Nash, Kieran Darcy-Smith, Spencer Susser and Luke Doolan. Pattinson revealed that he 'hunted down' the members of the mini-Aussie movement because of a strong desire to work with them.
'David was actually the last of the Blue-Tongue guys I had met,' he said. 'I was actively seeking to break into his group of friends.'
It seems to have paid off, with a 'totally random' meeting with Michod and a four hour audition landing him the role.
'Nash (Edgerton) wanted me to meet with him and I hadn't seen any of the Twilight films, so I had no idea who I was meeting,' said Michod. 'I really liked his physical demeanor and just the way he was... He had a can of coke in front of him and a cup of coffee which he added six sugars to.'
Pattinson's performance is being hailed as 'career redefining' but the media-shy star has shrugged off the praise and pressure of audience opinions.
'If I don't like something, I don't give a s**t about what the audience thinks anyway,' he laughed. 'A friend of mine watched the movie last night and was like "Wow, this is the first time you've played yourself